Current Job Openings
Consider a Career at Presidio Graduate School
We are looking for passionate individuals to join our team and offer rewarding opportunities to advance your career while making a difference. As part of our team, you’ll use your skills and expertise to drive change and develop the next generation of sustainability leaders in a culture of respect, collaboration, integrity, innovation, and professionalism.
Founded in 2003, Presidio Graduate School (易发游戏官方) educates and inspires a new generation of skilled, visionary, and enterprising leaders to transform business and public policy and create a more just, prosperous, and sustainable world. Through innovative MBA, MPA, Dual Degree, and Executive Certificate programs in Sustainable Management, 易发游戏官方 activates students and professionals across a range of disciplines, industries, and sectors to bridge the gap between commerce and the common good. 易发游戏官方 has 150 students currently enrolled and more than 1,900 alumni. Our community of world-class faculty is composed of scholar-practitioners, with subject matter expertise in areas ranging from ecological economics and clean technology to social entrepreneurship and urban sustainability. 易发游戏官方 was ranked among the top five sustainable MBA programs in the nation by Fast Company magazine.
For more information about 易发游戏官方, our community, and course offerings, please visit //www.nofrillsbuffalo.com/academics/.
What Is it Like to Work at Presidio Graduate School?
易发游戏官方 is in an exciting “rebirth” phase. A high proportion of the staff is new, and we are launching into an invigorating era of program diversification and growth. Our team will be working remotely until summer 2021, at which time we plan to have an office near a BART station in San Francisco or Oakland. We compensate our employees well, offer unlimited/flex vacation, and are united in our common mission around sustainability, social justice, and education.
The Director of Admissions (DOA) will play an exciting leadership role in Presidio Graduate School’s growth and impact. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, they are responsible for leading 易发游戏官方’s enrollment team to grow 易发游戏官方’s student population.
易发游戏官方 is embarking upon an exciting new chapter of growth and program expansion, and as such the DOA will play a significant role in sustaining the growth of the current MBA program as well as building consistent and sustained enrollment growth in new program areas. The DOA will lead a small but mighty enrollment team and build/maintain efficient systems and structures to support other departments and nurture new students through their first semester.
The DOA will be responsible for working with the marketing team to generate the necessary interest (leads) to meet enrollment goals. They will rely on data to inform decision-making. The DOA will produce reports and data to analyze the department’s performance and pinpoint 易发游戏官方’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities. The DOA will constantly and consistently cultivate unique innovative and cutting-edge strategies and opportunities to attract prospective students. They will work on identifying opportunities to communicate all 易发游戏官方 internal efforts and alumni achievements to the world.
The Director should be passionate about advancing our vision to diversify our student body and push the boundaries on a scholarship and tuition model that holds equity at its core.
- Meet new student enrollment goals for each semester for current degree programs and new program offerings.
- Represent 易发游戏官方 and serve as the face of the school with prospective students, in addition to engaging and informing prospective students about 易发游戏官方 and the benefits of a 易发游戏官方 education on an individual, small, and large group basis.
- Lead and facilitate admissions events including individual and group tours, student shadow visits, curricular information sessions, student observations/testing/interviews, and student-to-student connections.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with area educational constituencies including regional and out-of-region schools, consultants, admissions directors, and mission-aligned organizations to build opportunities for partnerships that would result in enrollment growth.
- Lead and develop a communications plan with prospective students to move them from inquiry to enrollment.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create and implement a comprehensive and effective marketing plan, dynamic and differentiated messaging, and compelling materials.
- Coordinate systematic and efficient handling of applications and communications with student applicants so that the process supports and honors the student and all 易发游戏官方 policies.
- Manage student expectations and deliver admissions decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and supportive.
- Oversee the selection process of new students, including the work of the admissions and financial aid committees.
- Generate and maintain the school’s admissions data on the institution’s dashboard and consistently analyze historical and current performance and succinctly draw conclusions and recommendations for future projections.
- Support the financial aid process and participate in policy decisions, messaging/communications, award review meetings, and efforts with community partners.
- Own and lead all related enrollment related systems such as; the CRM, back-end lead generation management system, text messaging system, phone system, calendar management system, etc.
- Manage admissions staff, including providing direct reports with clear communication regarding responsibilities, practices, and feedback.
- Build a multi-year admissions strategy with a focus on our new programs.
- Lead the DEI enrollment pipeline strategy and partner with the COO to build and expand a path-breaking strategy around equitable tuition that not only reimagines 易发游戏官方’s enrollment revenue but also sets a new standard for higher education institutions more broadly.
- Manage the admissions budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Director of Admissions is a perfect role for someone who is motivated, competitive, data-oriented, and organized. You are goal-oriented, creative, and resourceful, yet also love organization, order, and meticulous planning. You are intellectually curious and will enjoy adapting and adopting innovative ways to consistently tweak current processes and strategies to always be attractive to prospective students. You are tenacious and committed to making sure we are meeting our aggressive growth plan. You love building great relationships with your colleagues, realizing that your success relies on their partnership—plus you deeply enjoy meaningful collaboration. You are a positive person in nature who is able to challenge the status quo yet genuinely stay excited and positive about the institution’s strategy and direction.
This position is ideal for someone who has experience in a similar role for more than 5 years and/or can demonstrate that they have the skills, knowledge, and aptitude to take the department, and consequently the school, to the next level through a well-articulated plan.
Is this the right position for you?
The Associate Director of Development and Alumni Affairs is the perfect role for an emerging, entrepreneurial leader who aspires to be a full Development Director in the next couple of years. This position is a stepping stone to launch into that more senior leadership role and is the right opportunity for someone who will find joy in taking a basic development department and making it their own. The person should enjoy a challenge, cleaning up processes and systems, and most of all, building relationships with alumni and donors in order to further the school’s mission and impact. They work independently and proactively and don’t mind getting their hands dirty one day and rising up to a strategic level the next. They are excited to be a part of a fast-moving and innovative organization.
Is Presidio Graduate School the right place for you?
易发游戏官方 is not a typical higher ed institution. We are more like a fast-paced social enterprise with a high commitment to academic excellence and student outcomes. In addition, we are in a “rebirth” phase. A high proportion of the staff is new, and we are launching into an invigorating era of program diversification and growth. Our mission is at the core of all we do, and our team highly values social justice and environmental sustainability.
Our team will be working remotely until summer 2021, at which time we plan to have an office near a BART station in San Francisco or Oakland. We compensate our employees well, offer unlimited/flex vacation, and are united in our common mission around sustainability, social justice, and education.
The Associate Director of Program Expansion will play an exciting leadership role in Presidio Graduate School’s growth, expansion, and impact. Reporting to the Provost, they are responsible for launching, managing, and executing new academic programs at 易发游戏官方. Our primary program launches for the 2020-2021 school year will be a re-imagined Masters in Public Administration degree (mostly or entirely online) and a new certificate program in a related field. These programs are designed to be the first of multiple new program launches over the next several years to grow and diversify 易发游戏官方’s program portfolio, complementing our pioneering Sustainable MBA program.
The Associate Director will be responsible for finalizing and crystallizing the overall program vision, including macro curriculum design in partnership with faculty and subject matter experts. In addition, they will project manage all aspects of program launch, collaborating with other staff members throughout the process including accreditation, marketing, enrollment and course development. This person will wake up in the morning with a passion to bring cutting-edge new programs to the world, programs that emphasize systems thinking, social justice, climate change, and racial equity.
Our vision is that the Associate Director serves as a kind of one-person incubator for new 易发游戏官方 programs, nurturing them from idea to execution, and then when programs successfully launches, they will hand them off to a colleague for ongoing management.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Managing the design, development and launch of new 易发游戏官方 programs, including certificates and full degree programs
- Creating high-level curricular frameworks for new programs, including program learning outcomes, in conjunction with faculty, subject matter experts, and academic partners
- Creating detailed project plans; updating project plans regularly and managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve on-time delivery
- Partnering with marketing and enrollment to create effective marketing campaigns and strategies to achieve enrollment goals
- Working with our Instructional Designer to develop new courses, enhance programs and advance digital learning initiatives
- Designing start up student services for initial semesters of operation
- Partnering with our admissions team to design and execute start-up admissions processes
- Coordinating market research and program design efforts for additional new program launches for the 2021-2022 school year and beyond
The Associate Director will bring the following professional attributes and experiences to the position:
- You have a fire inside you to make the projects and programs you lead succeed
- You’ve successfully developed and implemented exciting and creative new programs, products, and/or ideas
- You’ve led a complex, multi-stakeholder project to fruition
- You’ve demonstrated strong skills in curriculum and pedagogical design, and you have experience in online/blended learning
- You have a strong commitment to teamwork and problem solving, as well as ability to act independently
- You’ve worked successfully with marketing partners to meet audacious goals
- You are skilled at researching and synthesizing complex data and information
- You are passionate about systems thinking, sustainability, social justice, and the opportunity to educate a new type of leader to drive change and impact
Is this the right position for you?
The Associate Director of Program Expansion is a perfect role for the left brain / right brain hybrid. You are creative and resourceful, yet also love organization, order, and meticulous planning. You are intellectually curious and will enjoy diving into the subject areas of our new program portfolio in order to lead curriculum curation, identify potential faculty and subject matter experts, and stay abreast of important trends and topics. You are tenacious and committed to making sure program launches meet their aggressive timelines. You love building great relationships with your colleagues, realizing that your success relies on their partnership – plus you deeply enjoy meaningful collaboration. Finally, you are not afraid to push the envelope and design path-breaking programs with a twist and flair unusual in traditional higher ed.
What’s it like to work at Presidio Graduate School?
易发游戏官方 is not a typical higher ed institution. We are more like a fast-paced social enterprise with a high commitment to academic excellence and student outcomes. In addition, we are in a “rebirth” phase. A high proportion of the staff is new, and we are launching into an invigorating era of program diversification and growth.
Our team will be working remotely until summer 2021, at which time we plan to have an office near a BART station in San Francisco or Oakland. We compensate our employees well, offer unlimited / flex vacation, and are united in our common mission around sustainability, social justice, and education.
Subject-Matter Expert and Adjunct Faculty Position in the MPA Program
Presidio Graduate School (易发游戏官方) educates and inspires a new generation of leaders in what have been described as the nation’s most innovative and respected graduate programs in sustainability. As Duff McDonald wrote in the New York Times, “if you want to change the world, go to Presidio Graduate School.” 易发游戏官方’s programs emphasize curriculum integration, systems thinking, and experiential learning, as well as a focus on environmental sustainability and social justice in every course. Our faculty members are committed to teaching excellence, practice-oriented research, maintaining the vibrant 易发游戏官方 community, and building the field of sustainability and social justice leaders. 易发游戏官方 is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. For more information about 易发游戏官方, our community, and course offerings, please visit //www.nofrillsbuffalo.com/academics/
As part of our plans to expand our academic offerings, 易发游戏官方 is in the process of developing and offering a revitalized largely online Masters in Public Administration program. To build upon our strong program development team, we are seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to aid in our curriculum development process and to then teach multiple courses in this new program. We are looking for a candidate that wants to help build a cutting edge MPA program, based in systems thinking, that brings together key aspects of environmental sustainability and social justice to empower the next generation of public administration professionals.
1. Deep engagement and contributions to curriculum development of the revitalized MPA program. You will be a member of a team led by the Provost and the Associate Director of Program Expansion, and specific responsibilities include:
- Participating in regular curriculum design meetings and workshops.
- Collaborating to create program learning outcomes, program alignment to external standards, and a complete program course list with course descriptions and course learning outcomes.
- Collaborating with other SMEs, including reviewing and providing feedback on their work to improve the quality and integrity of the program.
- Providing feedback on curriculum-related questions throughout the program design process.
2. Developing and teaching 2-3 courses in the new program.
- Teaching assignments start in January 2021, likely in a low residency online modality
- Broad disciplinary understanding of Public Administration, Public Policy, and/or Urban Planning.
- Masters degree in a related discipline.
- Critical understanding of the relationship between systems thinking, environmental sustainability, social justice, and civic leadership.
- Relevant teaching experience or demonstrable ability to teach at the graduate level. Desired Qualifications
- PhD in a related discipline.
- Evidence of thought leadership in systems thinking, environmental sustainability, social justice, and/or civic leadership.
- Experience or demonstrable ability to develop and teach online courses and use online teaching platforms.
- Relevant professional experience and demonstrable ability to integrate practice into applied teaching methodologies at the graduate level.
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Compensation and Start Date:
- Curriculum development as an SME in summer 2020: hourly compensation
- Course preparation: $5000 per course
- Teaching: $8000 per course
- Start date: August 1, 2020
Candidates are invited to submit an application packet to [email protected] Applications should include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (official transcripts due upon hire)
- List of Names and Contact Information of Three References (references will not be contacted until after the first round of interviews)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Teaching Portfolio
- Evidence of Professional Practice. Submit any one, or combination of the following: Portfolio of projects (pdf file), Personal or professional website, examples of published work (pdf file).
- Summary of Teaching Evaluations
- Sample Syllabi
How to apply
To apply for a current job opening, please send your salary requirements, cover letter, and resume to [email protected]. Applications will not be considered without a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for this position.
Presidio Graduate School is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, handicap or disability in accordance with federal law.